Many of our storytimes, book discussions, and programs have moved online to Zoom, a site that hosts online chats or meetings.
So how do you Zoom? You can Zoom a few different ways:
- click on the link in your confirmation email and it will take you to the meeting.
- go to zoom.us. Click “Join a Meeting” and enter the meeting and password that can be found in the confirmation email.
- download the Zoom app to your phone or ipad. Click “Join a Meeting” and enter the meeting and password that can be found in the confirmation email.
If this is your first time to Zoom, you may need to set up “an account” – this is quick and easy, it is simply going to ask you for an email and to set up a password. There are three Zoom levels; all you need is the lowest, free level to join WPL meetings and discussions. It’s easiest to sign up for a Zoom account before your first chat/meeting. You can do that here.
- you can control your own audio and camera. So if you want to only listen to a chat, you can without anyone seeing or hearing you. This is a great feature if you’re afraid of your phone ringing, dog barking, or family member interrupting.
- you can leave the meeting at any time simply by pushing a button.
- you can ask questions by typing them in to a chat – no need to speak if you don’t wish to.
- we miss you, we want you to Zoom with us, and we are here if you need help.
At this time, WPL is asking people to sign up for the Zoom experiences through WPL’s online calendar. After signing up:
- you’ll receive a reminder email with a Zoom link a day or so before the meeting.
- five minutes or so before the meeting begins, click on the link. You will be taken immediately to Zoom.
- follow the instructions on the screen.
- when entering a Zoom meeting, you may be muted or may wait in a “waiting room” – it depends on how WPL set up that particular meeting.