The Winfield Public Library continues to provide access and free delivery of library materials to Winfield residents who no longer are able to come to the library on their own but want to continue reading, listening to books, or watching movies. We will deliver books, movies, magazines, audio books, and music CDs right to your home.
You are eligible for this service if you are unable to visit the library due to:
- Short/long Term Illness
- Physical Disability
- If you are a caregiver of a Homebound Person
- Non-Driver Status (Senior)
To begin receiving these materials, contact WPL at (620) 221-4470 and ask for “Homebound Services.”
- All users must have a library card.
- If you do not have a library card, we will help you fill out the information to receive one.
Getting library materials through this program is easy.
- We will talk with you to see what materials you would like to receive at home and establish a delivery time.
- Returns must be done through the book return outside WPL.
- You can choose your own materials or let us select them for you from the library’s collection.
- The lending period for all items through the Homebound Program is 4 weeks. You can renew your reading materials once as long as no other patrons are waiting on hold for them.
Call us today at (620) 221-4470, if you or someone you know would like us to bring the library home.