Adult Services Librarian Position Opening
Winfield Public Library, Winfield, KS 67156
Located in a newly renovated building in beautiful and progressive Winfield, Kansas (pop. 12,333), Winfield Public Library is dedicated to providing opportunities and resources to support lifelong learning. Partnering with other area organizations to build community, WPL has a history of creating and offering innovative exhibits, programs, and services.
This 40 hour position coordinates and facilitates all aspects of library programming and outreach services targeted to an adult audience, and is part of a team that is passionate about serving the community.
WPL is an engaging, active, and sociable work environment. Our Adult Services Librarian enjoys:
- The energy and enthusiasm of a busy library buzzing with activity
- Engaging a diverse community
- Planning and presenting programs and exhibits for an adult audience across generations
- Collaborating with colleagues and community members
- Providing excellent customer service
- Creative project development
- New and ever changing opportunities to provide service inside the library and beyond
- Indulging their curiosity for learning about a wide variety of diverse topics
The right person for this position has:
- College degree or equivalent experience required with demonstrated strong interpersonal communication skills as well as effective oral and written presentation skills
- Demonstrated programming, project development, and collaborative skills in a library or similar community setting
- Knowledge and experiences with marketing, including social media
- Knowledge of electronic information technology, office applications, and web publishing
- Demonstrated public services/support attitude to effectively meet, communicate with, and serve the public
- Demonstrated knowledge of problem solving and organizational skills to coordinate multiple projects/programs and the ability to work under pressure of deadlines and changing priorities
The Adult Services Librarian will:
- Create, plan, implement, and market library–based programs, classes, and initiatives for adult customers
- Develop and implement plans for extending library services into the community
- Collaborate with other team members to write grants and other proposals to bring special exhibits and learning opportunities to the Winfield community
- Manage program budget and grant funds
- Establish and maintain collaborations beneficial to both the library and the community
- Serve as liaison to community groups that serve adults
- Serve as the main liaison to WPL’s strong Friends group
- Oversee the supervision of adult volunteers
- Serve on the library leadership team and assist with library innovation, planning, management and governance
- Communicate effectively with customers, staff, and library administration
- Deliver work product and service with responsiveness, courtesy, and tact
- Participate in the public service desk rotation as required
- Manage portions of the acquisitions budget as assigned, and monitor collections to ensure they are current, accurate, and relevant
- Keep abreast of current trends in the field through participation in user groups and attendance at conferences, workshops, and meetings
- Perform related work as required and assigned
Full time position with benefits. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Work schedule is flexible, dependent upon program schedule. Applicant must be willing to work some evening and weekend hours.
Send cover letter and resume to P. Wagner, Winfield Public Library, 605 College St., Winfield, KS 67156, or email email@example.com , attn: pwagner. Only applications submitted through mail or email will be accepted.
Winfield Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The position is open until filled.