Do you have a yummy recipe to share? Please share it with us:)
This is a super easy recipe that our Adult Services Librarian found in the back of a magazine in 2008 when her sons were little; they’re now in their early 20’s and still love this simple ice cream cake.
Easy Ice Cream Cake
1 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
6 ice cream sandwiches
2 1.5-ounce candy bars or 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Line a loaf pan with parchment or wax paper, allowing the paper to hang over the sides a bit.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream and sugar until stiff peaks form.
- In the bottom of the pan, arrange 3 of the ice cream sandwiches, cutting them to fit as needed. Spread half the cream over the top of the sandwiches.
- Repeat with the remaining sandwiches and cream.
- Sprinkle the candy over the top of the cake.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze until firm (at least 1 hour and up to 1 week).
- Holding the parchment overhang, lift the cake out of the pan and transfer to a platter. Discard the paper, slice and serve.