Curbside pick-up is available!
- This service is available to those in the 67156 area code.
- You can pick up requested books, Grab & Go Crafts, Book Club Books, Summer Reading Program Packets, DVDs and more. Board games are not available for check out at this time.
Step 1: Request Materials
- online: visit wpl.org and under “My WPL” search or browse the catalog. Sign in using your WPL card and “request” the item. You will be contacted when your materials are ready. Watch this video on how to search WPL’s online catalog and request a book online.
- by phone: Call the library at 620-221-4470 to request items – or call us if you’re not sure what you want and we can make recommendations.
- WPL call hours are:
- Monday, Friday & Saturday: 10am to 2pm
- Tuesday & Thursday: 3pm to 7pm
- WPL call hours are:
- please note:
- there is a 24 hour turn-around time on requested materials
- each patron may request up to 10 items
- while the check-out time for new adult fiction books remains 7 days, there will not be any renewals allowed on these books
- If you are looking for a Pulitzer Prize winning book for the June Reading Challenge, type “June Reading Challenge” into the keyword search on WPL’s online catalog to see options.
Step 2: Picking up Materials
- Arrive at WPL at your scheduled time.
- If you will not be able to arrive within 10 minutes of your scheduled time, call us.
- If you miss your scheduled time, you need to call us with 48 hours to reschedule or your books will be reshelved.
- Pull into the parking lot in one of the allotted parking spots numbered 1-4. Pull only into these spots.
- Upon arrival, stay in your car, roll up your windows, and call the phone number listed on the sign next to your parking spot.
- Staff will bring your items to you and place them on the chair next to your car. Stay in your car with your window rolled up until the library staff has dropped off your materials and left the area.
Step 3: Returning Materials
- Return materials in the red book return in front of WPL. It is now open 24/7.
- Returned materials will be held in quarantine for up to 14 days before being checked in, cleaned, and made available for the next patron.
- While these materials are in quarantine, they will remain on your card even though you have returned them. Late fees will not accrue during this period.