October 29, November 5, 12, & 19
Nutrition and physical activity are keys to managing your type 2 diabetes, but where do you start? The Dining with Diabetes program can help.
Designed especially for people with type 2 diabetes, this program will help you learn the skills needed to promote good health. The class is taught by trained educators and includes:
- planning meals and snacks with healthy and delicious recipes
- cooking demonstrations and food samplings
- motivation and support – connect with others who are living with diabetes
- ideas for being more active
- an understanding of how diabetes affects your overall health
The four-week class is $25; scholarships are available. For more information or to register, call the K-State Research and Extension Office at 620-221-5450.
Dining with Diabetes is a national extension program provided to Kansans by K-State Research and Extension Family and Consumer Sciences professionals and community health partners.