Adult Services Librarian
Winfield Public Library, Winfield, KS 67156
This fun 40-hour position coordinates and facilitates all aspects of learning activities and outreach services targeted to an adult audience. This includes book discussions and displays, maker-activities, exhibits, special classes and other activities.
What you love:
- The energy and enthusiasm of a busy library buzzing with activity
- New and ever-changing opportunities to provide service inside the library and beyond
- Providing excellent customer service
- Engaging a diverse community
- Indulging your curiosity for learning about a wide variety of diverse topics
What you’ll do:
- Plan and facilitate learning opportunities for adults.
- Collaborate with other team members to write grants and other proposals to bring special exhibits and learning opportunities to the Winfield community
- Establish and maintain collaborations beneficial to both the library and the community
- Purchase books and other materials for the library
- Serve on the library leadership team
What you know:
- College degree required, demonstrated strong interpersonal communication skills as well as effective oral and written presentation skills.
- Practical knowledge and experiences with marketing, including social media
- Demonstrated public services/support attitude to effectively meet, communicate with and serve the public
- How to use problem solving and organizational skills to coordinate multiple projects/programs and the ability to work under pressure of deadlines and changing priorities
- Experience in event planning, teaching and/or related fields
This position is operated in an “office” environment and requires the ability to handle informational items and boxes up to 25 lbs; to pull/push book carts and the ability to reach items on high and low shelves.
Benefits include health insurance, KPERS, vacation and sick leave. Salary commiserate with education and experience. Position open until filled. Resumes should be sent to the attention of Joan Cales, email: firstname.lastname@example.org