Whether you are looking for a new job or just want to learn new skills, the Library can help you.
Features self-paced tutorials to help you learn new computer skills, math, reading, writing and science review. GED college, and graduate admission exam practice tests. Use the Job and Career Center to learn more about a career, prepare for an entrance exam, write a resume, and practice interview skills. A wide range of study tests are available including WorkKeys, ASVAB, CDL, Civil Service. EMS, Law Enforcement, Nursing/Allied Health, Real Estate and more. Click here to create an account and get started today!
Free to all Kansas residents.
Lynda for Libraries allows you to watch videos in small, easy-to-manage chunks, and to return to the lessons at your convenience.
Course offerings include:
- Art, graphic design, and music classes, teaching everything from 3D animation to engineering sound to the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, and more)
- Help with computer programs, including videos on how to use Microsoft Office
- Courses that can help you in your career—everything from public speaking to marketing to dealing with workplace issues
- Computer programming, IT management (Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X), and web design
- Photography and video… just to name a few.
Lynda can be accessed online — from home or at the Library. Requires a Winfield Public Library card. Click here to get started today!
Universal Class offers courses in Exercise and Fitness, Entrepreneurship, Arts and Music, Home and Garden Care, Cooking, Computers and Technology, Health and Medicine, Homeschooling, Job Assistance, Law and Legal, Parenting and Family, Pet and Animal Care…plus 100’s more.
Free to all Kansas residents. Click here to begin!